Online sex shops booming in China
New Delhi: More and more Chinese are going online to buy sex toys and products these days.
"Many Chinese want to buy sex toys but cringe at the thought of entering sex shops," Li Yinhe, a sociologist and sexologist with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said.
"Online sex-toy shopping can avoid such problems since consumers don`t have to reveal their real names," Yinhe added.
Taobao.com, China`s largest online shopping destination has about 4,500 sex shops registered and raked in about 60 million yuan in transactions of adult products in June, reports the China Daily.
"Sex toys, especially blow-up dolls which cost a store 10,000 yuan, can sell for 40,000 yuan," said Tao Ran, the public relations manager of taobao.com said.
Moreover, customers can find ‘better’ sex toys and products online than they find in stores.
But some still prefer the conventional way.
“I never shop online, especially for something like adult toys, because I don`t think all the products would pass quality control," said a consumer at a sex shop in Sanlitun, one of Beijing`s busiest areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes