Online sex shops booming in China
New Delhi: More and more Chinese are going online to buy sex toys and products these days.
"Many Chinese want to buy sex toys but cringe at the thought of entering sex shops," Li Yinhe, a sociologist and sexologist with the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, said.
"Online sex-toy shopping can avoid such problems since consumers don`t have to reveal their real names," Yinhe added.
Taobao.com, China`s largest online shopping destination has about 4,500 sex shops registered and raked in about 60 million yuan in transactions of adult products in June, reports the China Daily.
"Sex toys, especially blow-up dolls which cost a store 10,000 yuan, can sell for 40,000 yuan," said Tao Ran, the public relations manager of taobao.com said.
Moreover, customers can find ‘better’ sex toys and products online than they find in stores.
But some still prefer the conventional way.
“I never shop online, especially for something like adult toys, because I don`t think all the products would pass quality control," said a consumer at a sex shop in Sanlitun, one of Beijing`s busiest areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet