Only player to survive Russian plane crash dies
Moscow: The only member of the Russian hockey team to survive a fiery plane crash that killed 44 people has died of his injuries in a Moscow hospital.
Vishnevsky hospital said Alexander Galimov died on Monday morning of the severe burns that covered about 90 percent of his body.
The crash last week outside the city of Yaroslav took the lives of 44 people — including 37 players, coaches and staff of the local Lokomotiv hockey club. The only other person to survive, a member of the flight crew, is undergoing treatment in Moscow.
Unlike many members of Lokomotiv Yaroslav, who were citizens of other countries and once played in the NHL, 26-year-old Galimov was a native of the city and a product of its youth program.
The deaths of the players have been mourned by fans around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened