Oppn moves to impeach new Thai Foreign Minister
Bangkok: The opposition Democrat Party has submitted a list with 130 MP signatures to the Senate, in a bid to impeach the new Foreign Minister for violating the constitution in requesting a Japanese entry visa for ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra.
Democrat MP Wirat Kalayasiri handed the list to Senate Speaker General Teeradet Meepian today to seek the impeachment of Foreign Minister Surapong Towijakchaikul.
Wirat claimed it was malfeasance for Surapong in his present capacity to meet with Japanese ambassador to Thailand Seiji Kojima and seek aid for Thaksin`s travel to Japan.
Wirat cited a media report saying that the Japanese government issued a visa for Thaksin following a request from the Thai government.
The Democrat MP also claimed that Surapong`s actions obviously violated Section 176 of the 2007 constitution.
Meanwhile, General Teeradet said he would inform the Senate of the impeachment request, and would verify the signature list within 30 days, before forwarding the case to
the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) for further investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!