Oppose terrorism, Saudi Grand Mufti tells Muslims
Mecca: In a bid to water down the concept of Islamic terrorism, a key Islamic leader has earnestly appealed to Muslims to combat terrorism and disapprove of suicide attacks.
“There is no place for terrorism in Islam…Muslim intellectuals should address this menace and should take measures to root out this menace, eradicate misunderstandings about Islam and its teachings,” Saudi Grand Mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah Al Sheikh said in his Haj sermon at Masjid-i-Nimra in Arafat on Thursday.
More than two million Muslims had gathered on the plains of Arafat for the annual pilgrimage.
The mufti further noted that the international community was facing challenges related to terrorism, adding conspiracies were being designed to create misconceptions against Islam and Muslims across the world. He added that minds of Muslim youths were being diverted with the help of modern communication tools.
His sermon urged Muslims to concentrate on education and learning.
Commenting on the financial downturn, the Islamic leader held the non-Islamic economic principles responsible for bankruptcy of the world’s largest companies. He further added that Islam is the refuge the global community was searching for.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?