Opposition alleges massive fraud in Kyrgyzstan vote
Bishkek: A major opposition party in Kyrgyzstan accused the government of carrying out massive electoral fraud just hours after polls opened in Thursday’s Presidential Elections in the ex-Soviet state.
"Massive falsification of these elections is occurring across the entire republic," the Social Democratic Party of Kyrgyzstan said in a statement.
"It is now already possible to speak about the complete illegitimacy of these elections," said the party, a key member of the United People`s Movement opposition coalition, which supports candidate Almazbek Atambayev.
Today`s elections in Kyrgyzstan -- long considered the most unstable state in ex-Soviet Central Asia -- are widely expected to return incumbent President Kurmanbek Bakiyev to power despite his growing unpopularity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites