Opposition alleges massive fraud in Kyrgyzstan vote
Bishkek: A major opposition party in Kyrgyzstan accused the government of carrying out massive electoral fraud just hours after polls opened in Thursday’s Presidential Elections in the ex-Soviet state.
"Massive falsification of these elections is occurring across the entire republic," the Social Democratic Party of Kyrgyzstan said in a statement.
"It is now already possible to speak about the complete illegitimacy of these elections," said the party, a key member of the United People`s Movement opposition coalition, which supports candidate Almazbek Atambayev.
Today`s elections in Kyrgyzstan -- long considered the most unstable state in ex-Soviet Central Asia -- are widely expected to return incumbent President Kurmanbek Bakiyev to power despite his growing unpopularity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened