Opposition alleges massive fraud in Kyrgyzstan vote
Bishkek: A major opposition party in Kyrgyzstan accused the government of carrying out massive electoral fraud just hours after polls opened in Thursday’s Presidential Elections in the ex-Soviet state.
"Massive falsification of these elections is occurring across the entire republic," the Social Democratic Party of Kyrgyzstan said in a statement.
"It is now already possible to speak about the complete illegitimacy of these elections," said the party, a key member of the United People`s Movement opposition coalition, which supports candidate Almazbek Atambayev.
Today`s elections in Kyrgyzstan -- long considered the most unstable state in ex-Soviet Central Asia -- are widely expected to return incumbent President Kurmanbek Bakiyev to power despite his growing unpopularity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16