Opposition alleges massive fraud in Kyrgyzstan vote
Bishkek: A major opposition party in Kyrgyzstan accused the government of carrying out massive electoral fraud just hours after polls opened in Thursday’s Presidential Elections in the ex-Soviet state.
"Massive falsification of these elections is occurring across the entire republic," the Social Democratic Party of Kyrgyzstan said in a statement.
"It is now already possible to speak about the complete illegitimacy of these elections," said the party, a key member of the United People`s Movement opposition coalition, which supports candidate Almazbek Atambayev.
Today`s elections in Kyrgyzstan -- long considered the most unstable state in ex-Soviet Central Asia -- are widely expected to return incumbent President Kurmanbek Bakiyev to power despite his growing unpopularity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents