Opposition supporters rally in Bahrain despite ban
Manama: Demonstrators are gathering at the
headquarters of Bahrain`s main opposition party in the island
nation`s capital despite a government ban.
The Saturday protest in front of Al Wefaq`s offices in
Manama is a show of defiance by the party, the main backer of
the Shiite majority`s campaign to be granted greater rights
and freedoms by Bahrain`s Sunni dynasty.
Thousands of demonstrators waved Bahraini flags and
changed slogans amid a massive security presence.
Bahrain`s 10 month-old uprising sees daily clashes between
demonstrators and security forces, but Al Wefaq usually
refrains from organizing protests unless given a permit.
At least 40 people have died since the unrest began in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed