`Osama bin Laden was a gentleman`
London: An Irish woman who taught Osama bin Laden English has revealed that she never thought he was he was capable of masterminding something as terrible as the September 11 attacks, as he was a perfect student and a gentleman.
Cork-born Breda O’Brien said she could never have imagined the hard-working young man she had met in Saudi Arabia would go on to become the world’s most notorious terrorist.
She revealed that there was nothing to indicate in his demeanour or otherwise that he would become a terrorist, the Sun reports.
O’Brien said that she thought he would become one of the leading lights in the bin Laden family’s vast business and lucrative empire.
However, Breda said she could never in her wildest dreams have imagined her attentive pupil turning into the world’s most wanted man.
The horrific attacks on New York’s Twin Towers and other sites in the US killed nearly 3,000 people, sparking an almost decade-long manhunt for the al Qaeda mastermind.
The 54-year-old Saudi was eventually tracked down and killed by US special forces in a secure house in Pakistan in May 2011.
His death brought back more memories of O’Brien’s time in Jeddah in the early 1970s, and of her experience with the young bin Laden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred