Osama diaries: Plans to kill Obama revealed
Washington/London: Slain al Qaeda chief
Osama bin Laden had prepared a blueprint how to assassinate US
President Barack Obama and disrupt the 2012 American
elections, media reports have said.
US officials analysing the data found in bin Laden`s
compound in Abbottabad during the raid that killed him
found a diary in which the terror leader had jotted his
musings on how to kill the US President, ABC News reported.
London-based Sunday Times also had a similar report.
Osama "jotted his musings" in a diary "on how to kill
President Barack Obama, but not Joe Biden, the vice-president,
who, he wrote, was not worth the trouble," The Times said.
"I think what this new information indicates is that
he was more involved than people realise," said Steve Jones,
an analyst with RAND Corp.
US agents have had their first access to bin Laden`s
three wives, but reportedly they were not cooperative and
President Obama has acknowledged that threats against
his own grandmother from another al Qaeda group are being
closely monitored along with threats to American citizens,
according to ABC News.
In the journals discovered at his compound, bin Laden
urged his followers to assassinate President Obama and disrupt
the 2012 American elections.
ABC News consultant and former FBI profiler Brad
Garrett said bin Laden`s quest to kill the President is a
"The president obviously has a Muslim history. He`s
not following bin Laden`s philosophy of what a true Islamist
should be doing," Garrett said.
"He is incensed, inflamed, obsessed about killing the
President," Garrett told ABC News.
An attack on as high-profile a target as the US
President would demonstrate al Qaeda`s reach. "The ultimate
goal in killing or cutting down the United States would be to
take out its president," Garrett said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report