‘Osama hunter’ Faulkner arrested in Colorado
Denver: Gary Faulkner, an American who gained fame as the “Osama bin Laden hunter”, has been arrested on domestic violence and third-degree assault charges in Colorado.
Faulkner was arrested along with his friend Jennifer Logie-Oliver after their SUV was involved in a single car crash on North Spring Gulch Road in Clear Creek County on Tuesday.
A spokeswoman from the Colorado State Patrol said that a blue Ford Explorer ran off the right side of the road and the driver, Logie-Oliver, was suspected of being under the influence.
When state troopers examined Logie-Oliver they found that her injuries were not consistent with the crash, and after further investigation arrested Faulkner, News.com.au reports.
The 51-year-old had gained worldwide attention when he was arrested in Pakistan in June.
Faulkner had told the officials that he was determined to hunt down and kill al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
He was later released and returned to the US, and has since said that he plans to complete his mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Australia coach Darren Lehmann backs Steve Smith's Sri Lanka series opt out
- Indonesia steps up fire response as haze blankets Singapore
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting Sasikala Pushpa
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi
- AIMIM to move to SC against Bombay HC verdict on allowing women entry to Haji Ali