‘Osama hunter’ Faulkner arrested in Colorado
Denver: Gary Faulkner, an American who gained fame as the “Osama bin Laden hunter”, has been arrested on domestic violence and third-degree assault charges in Colorado.
Faulkner was arrested along with his friend Jennifer Logie-Oliver after their SUV was involved in a single car crash on North Spring Gulch Road in Clear Creek County on Tuesday.
A spokeswoman from the Colorado State Patrol said that a blue Ford Explorer ran off the right side of the road and the driver, Logie-Oliver, was suspected of being under the influence.
When state troopers examined Logie-Oliver they found that her injuries were not consistent with the crash, and after further investigation arrested Faulkner, News.com.au reports.
The 51-year-old had gained worldwide attention when he was arrested in Pakistan in June.
Faulkner had told the officials that he was determined to hunt down and kill al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
He was later released and returned to the US, and has since said that he plans to complete his mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Far right FN party calls for French "Frexit" referendum on EU
- Congress seeks disqualification of MLCs who defected to TRS
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan, Deepika Padukone have a gala time! SEE pic
- After Brexit victory, India says will strive to strengthen ties with UK, EU both
- Tusk says EU `determined to keep our unity as 27` after Brexit