Osama`s daughter-in-law works for British charity
London: The wife of Osama Bin Laden’s son has joined the UK charity service, Royal British Legion.
Zaina Bin Laden, 56, has supported the services charity with cash donations for at least five years.
Zaina, previously known as Jane Felix Browne, married the terror mastermind’s son Omar in 2007 a month after she met him on a trip to Egypt, the Sun reports.
According to the report, she is due to renew her annual membership of her local Legion branch in Moulton, Cheshire, next week.
The move have been slammed by critics, who say she should not be in an organisation that cares for members of the armed forces, veterans and families, the report said.
Zaina converted to Islam before she wed Omar, her sixth husband.
According to the report, Zaina said she does not visit her local club because she does not drink, but she helps in fund-raising.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive