Osama`s daughter-in-law works for British charity
London: The wife of Osama Bin Laden’s son has joined the UK charity service, Royal British Legion.
Zaina Bin Laden, 56, has supported the services charity with cash donations for at least five years.
Zaina, previously known as Jane Felix Browne, married the terror mastermind’s son Omar in 2007 a month after she met him on a trip to Egypt, the Sun reports.
According to the report, she is due to renew her annual membership of her local Legion branch in Moulton, Cheshire, next week.
The move have been slammed by critics, who say she should not be in an organisation that cares for members of the armed forces, veterans and families, the report said.
Zaina converted to Islam before she wed Omar, her sixth husband.
According to the report, Zaina said she does not visit her local club because she does not drink, but she helps in fund-raising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Bus falls into ditch in Bihar's Nawada, 28 injured
- Pullela Gopichand is good, but we will find a better coach for PV Sindhu: Telangana deputy CM Mohammed Mahmood Ali
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth