Osama`s daughter-in-law works for British charity
London: The wife of Osama Bin Laden’s son has joined the UK charity service, Royal British Legion.
Zaina Bin Laden, 56, has supported the services charity with cash donations for at least five years.
Zaina, previously known as Jane Felix Browne, married the terror mastermind’s son Omar in 2007 a month after she met him on a trip to Egypt, the Sun reports.
According to the report, she is due to renew her annual membership of her local Legion branch in Moulton, Cheshire, next week.
The move have been slammed by critics, who say she should not be in an organisation that cares for members of the armed forces, veterans and families, the report said.
Zaina converted to Islam before she wed Omar, her sixth husband.
According to the report, Zaina said she does not visit her local club because she does not drink, but she helps in fund-raising.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal