Osama`s missing family found in Iran: Report
London: Osama bin Laden`s missing family,
which include one of his wives and children who "disappeared"
from his Afghanistan camp at the time of the 9/11 attacks, has
been found in Iran, a British newspaper has claimed.
In fact, the al-Qaeda founder`s closest relatives
are now living in a secret compound in Iran, though Tehran
has repeatedly denied that any of his relatives were in the
country, `The Times` quoted members of the family as saying.
There has been uncertainty about the family`s
whereabouts for the past eight years, with reports that some
of the children had been killed in bombings, while others had
joined their father in planning terrorist attacks.
But, 29-year-old Omar, the al-Qaeda leader`s fourth-
eldest son has claimed he found out last month that the group,
including one of bin Laden`s wives, six of his children and 11
of his grandchildren, had been kept in a high-security
compound outside Tehran.
He said the family members called him in November and
narrated how they had fled Afghanistan before 9/11 and walked
to the Iranian border -- but they have been prevented from
contacting the outside world "for their own safety".
"The Iranian Government did not know what to do with
this large group of people that nobody else wanted, so they
just kept them safe. For that we owe them much gratitude, and
thank Iran from the depth of our heart.
"We just want to be together as a family. I have now
got 11 nieces and nephews, born either in Afghanistan or Iran
that I have never seen. Some may find this story unnerving,
but the child can`t be judged by the sins of their father," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users