Oscar Pistorius investigation to be finished by August
Johannesburg: Prosecutors say the police investigation into Oscar Pistorius`s killing of his girlfriend won`t be completed until August.
South Africa`s National Prosecuting Authority also says the double-amputee Olympian`s appearance in a Pretoria court on June 4 will only be for about 10 minutes.
The hearing is expected to be postponed without applications made by either side as police continue to collect and scrutinise evidence and interview possible witnesses.
Pistorius has been charged with premeditated murder after shooting Reeva Steenkamp dead at his home on Valentine`s Day.
The court appearance will be Pistorius`s first since he was granted bail on February 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31