Oscar Pistorius investigation to be finished by August
Johannesburg: Prosecutors say the police investigation into Oscar Pistorius`s killing of his girlfriend won`t be completed until August.
South Africa`s National Prosecuting Authority also says the double-amputee Olympian`s appearance in a Pretoria court on June 4 will only be for about 10 minutes.
The hearing is expected to be postponed without applications made by either side as police continue to collect and scrutinise evidence and interview possible witnesses.
Pistorius has been charged with premeditated murder after shooting Reeva Steenkamp dead at his home on Valentine`s Day.
The court appearance will be Pistorius`s first since he was granted bail on February 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion