Oscar Pistorius`s defence closes case
Pretoria: Murder-accused South African paralympian Oscar Pistorius`s defence team Tuesday closed its case in the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria.
Defence lawyer Barry Roux had Monday asked the court to adjourn till Tuesday, to consult with his team before closing his case, Independent Online reported.
Pistorius is on trial for fatally shooting his girlfriend Reeva Stenkamp through a locked toilet door Feb 14, 2013, at his house in Pretoria.
Pistorius has denied the murder charges and said that he shot Stenkamp, mistaking her for an intruder who had entered his house through the toilet window, but the state insisted that it was pre-meditated murder.
If found guilty of murder, Pistorius could face life imprisonment. If he is acquitted of that charge, the court will consider an alternative charge of culpable homicide, for which he could receive about 15 years in prison.
Last week, a psychologist`s report said that Pistorius is suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and is at risk of suicide.
Pistorius`s trial resumed June 30 on completion of his psychiatric evaluation.
The court will hear the next session Aug 7.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...