Oslo police launch special unit for attacks probe
Oslo: The Oslo police said on Monday they
were setting up a special unit to investigate the twin attacks
of July 22 and had collected phones, cameras and computers
from the island of Utoeya for the investigation.
Setting up a new special unit "is not something we
do a lot, but in a case like this that is so big and needs so
much resources it`s necessary," said prosecutor Paal-Fredrik
Hjort Kraby, who is in charge of the Oslo police probe.
"We don`t know the entire structure yet (of the new
task force) but we will know in a few days," he said.
He added police had collected all of the electronic
equipment found on the island of Utoeya, where far-right
extremist Anders Behring Breivik has admitted gunning down 69
participants in the Labour Party youth wing`s retreat.
"It was decided that all mobiles, all cameras, all
iPads and all personal computers should be seized as evidence
in this case," he said.
"Apart from that, we`ll try to give all other
personal belongings to the families and people who got hurt,
but in close dialogue with AUF (the Labour Part youth wing) to
make it as decent as possible," he added.
Behring Breivik`s twin attacks left 77 people dead.
Other than the 69 people, most of them teenagers, killed on
Utoeya, eight people were killed in a bomb attack on Oslo`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org