Oslo police launch special unit for attacks probe
Oslo: The Oslo police said on Monday they
were setting up a special unit to investigate the twin attacks
of July 22 and had collected phones, cameras and computers
from the island of Utoeya for the investigation.
Setting up a new special unit "is not something we
do a lot, but in a case like this that is so big and needs so
much resources it`s necessary," said prosecutor Paal-Fredrik
Hjort Kraby, who is in charge of the Oslo police probe.
"We don`t know the entire structure yet (of the new
task force) but we will know in a few days," he said.
He added police had collected all of the electronic
equipment found on the island of Utoeya, where far-right
extremist Anders Behring Breivik has admitted gunning down 69
participants in the Labour Party youth wing`s retreat.
"It was decided that all mobiles, all cameras, all
iPads and all personal computers should be seized as evidence
in this case," he said.
"Apart from that, we`ll try to give all other
personal belongings to the families and people who got hurt,
but in close dialogue with AUF (the Labour Part youth wing) to
make it as decent as possible," he added.
Behring Breivik`s twin attacks left 77 people dead.
Other than the 69 people, most of them teenagers, killed on
Utoeya, eight people were killed in a bomb attack on Oslo`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?