Oslo police launch special unit for attacks probe
Oslo: The Oslo police said on Monday they
were setting up a special unit to investigate the twin attacks
of July 22 and had collected phones, cameras and computers
from the island of Utoeya for the investigation.
Setting up a new special unit "is not something we
do a lot, but in a case like this that is so big and needs so
much resources it`s necessary," said prosecutor Paal-Fredrik
Hjort Kraby, who is in charge of the Oslo police probe.
"We don`t know the entire structure yet (of the new
task force) but we will know in a few days," he said.
He added police had collected all of the electronic
equipment found on the island of Utoeya, where far-right
extremist Anders Behring Breivik has admitted gunning down 69
participants in the Labour Party youth wing`s retreat.
"It was decided that all mobiles, all cameras, all
iPads and all personal computers should be seized as evidence
in this case," he said.
"Apart from that, we`ll try to give all other
personal belongings to the families and people who got hurt,
but in close dialogue with AUF (the Labour Part youth wing) to
make it as decent as possible," he added.
Behring Breivik`s twin attacks left 77 people dead.
Other than the 69 people, most of them teenagers, killed on
Utoeya, eight people were killed in a bomb attack on Oslo`s
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory