Oslo station evacuated due to bomb scare
Oslo: Oslo`s central train station was
briefly evacuated and a bomb disposal team deployed on Wednesday
morning because of a suspicious item of baggage found on a
bus, officials said.
"Nothing suspicious was found and all security
cordons have been lifted," Oslo police said in a statement
after inspecting the scene.
"We inspected the entire bus with bomb-sniffing
dogs and robots and did not find anything," an unnamed
policeman at the scene told TV2 television channel.
The policeman said earlier that a man was seen
leaving "in a strange way" a bus parked in front of the
station and that a suitcase was found "strangely" in the aisle
aboard the bus.
Norway is on the alert after twin bombing and
shooting attacks on Friday left 76 people dead, the worst
bloodshed in the country since WWII.
"It`s normal, the police are on the alert. We`re
not afraid but we`re being careful," medical assistant Randi
Roe said as she waited for the police cordon to be lifted.
A railway official earlier identified the bus as
the shuttle temporarily replacing the train service to Oslo
Police had sealed the station entrance, with around
10 police vehicles and three fire engines on the scene.
Around 200 people had been waiting with their bags
outside the station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security