Oslo station evacuated due to bomb scare
Oslo: Oslo`s central train station was
briefly evacuated and a bomb disposal team deployed on Wednesday
morning because of a suspicious item of baggage found on a
bus, officials said.
"Nothing suspicious was found and all security
cordons have been lifted," Oslo police said in a statement
after inspecting the scene.
"We inspected the entire bus with bomb-sniffing
dogs and robots and did not find anything," an unnamed
policeman at the scene told TV2 television channel.
The policeman said earlier that a man was seen
leaving "in a strange way" a bus parked in front of the
station and that a suitcase was found "strangely" in the aisle
aboard the bus.
Norway is on the alert after twin bombing and
shooting attacks on Friday left 76 people dead, the worst
bloodshed in the country since WWII.
"It`s normal, the police are on the alert. We`re
not afraid but we`re being careful," medical assistant Randi
Roe said as she waited for the police cordon to be lifted.
A railway official earlier identified the bus as
the shuttle temporarily replacing the train service to Oslo
Police had sealed the station entrance, with around
10 police vehicles and three fire engines on the scene.
Around 200 people had been waiting with their bags
outside the station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC