Oslo station evacuated due to bomb scare
Oslo: Oslo`s central train station was
briefly evacuated and a bomb disposal team deployed on Wednesday
morning because of a suspicious item of baggage found on a
bus, officials said.
"Nothing suspicious was found and all security
cordons have been lifted," Oslo police said in a statement
after inspecting the scene.
"We inspected the entire bus with bomb-sniffing
dogs and robots and did not find anything," an unnamed
policeman at the scene told TV2 television channel.
The policeman said earlier that a man was seen
leaving "in a strange way" a bus parked in front of the
station and that a suitcase was found "strangely" in the aisle
aboard the bus.
Norway is on the alert after twin bombing and
shooting attacks on Friday left 76 people dead, the worst
bloodshed in the country since WWII.
"It`s normal, the police are on the alert. We`re
not afraid but we`re being careful," medical assistant Randi
Roe said as she waited for the police cordon to be lifted.
A railway official earlier identified the bus as
the shuttle temporarily replacing the train service to Oslo
Police had sealed the station entrance, with around
10 police vehicles and three fire engines on the scene.
Around 200 people had been waiting with their bags
outside the station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins