Oslo university rejects mass killer Breivik`s application

Last Updated: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 - 18:03

Oslo: The University of Oslo says it has rejected convicted mass killer Anders Behring Breivik`s application for admission to its political science programme.

University rector Ole Petter Ottersen told The Associated Press in an email today that the 34-year-old right-wing extremist has been informed "that his qualifications do not suffice for admission to the bachelor programme."

Breivik is serving a 21-year prison sentence, which can be extended when it expires, for killing 77 people in bomb and gun massacres two years ago.

His university application stirred a debate in Norway last week over whether someone convicted of such a horrific crime should even be considered for higher education.

Prison officials said they had no reason to deny him the right to study in his cell if admitted by a university.

PTI



First Published: Wednesday, August 7, 2013 - 16:14

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus