Oslo university rejects mass killer Breivik`s application
Oslo: The University of Oslo says it has rejected convicted mass killer Anders Behring Breivik`s application for admission to its political science programme.
University rector Ole Petter Ottersen told The Associated Press in an email today that the 34-year-old right-wing extremist has been informed "that his qualifications do not suffice for admission to the bachelor programme."
Breivik is serving a 21-year prison sentence, which can be extended when it expires, for killing 77 people in bomb and gun massacres two years ago.
His university application stirred a debate in Norway last week over whether someone convicted of such a horrific crime should even be considered for higher education.
Prison officials said they had no reason to deny him the right to study in his cell if admitted by a university.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi