Our ties have global impact, China tells India
Beijing: China-India relations have "strategic significance" and "global impact" as both are large developing countries and emerging markets, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang told External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid in Beijing on Friday.
Xinhua news agency said Li highlighted the importance that the new Chinese government has placed on developing ties with India.
He said China would like to enhance political trust, deepen pragmatic cooperation, strengthen people-to-people understanding and expand communication on international and regional issues so as to develop their strategic partnership.
Last week, intense negotiations between India and China saw an end to a 20-day stand-off, with troops of both sides pulling back to their respective positions prior to April 15, when Chinese forces intruded 19 km inside the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh.
"Friendly cooperation is central to China-India relations and common interests outweigh differences," Li told Khurshid.
Li urged the two countries to cherish their ties, be more progressive in expanding cooperation and inject new vitality into the economies of Asia and the world.
He said China would like to negotiate with India to settle border issues and create favourable conditions for bilateral cooperation and development.
On his part, Khurshid said developing relations benefits both sides and promotes regional and global peace and prosperity.
India would like to work with China to send a positive signal of mutual trust and support to the world, as well as effectively control differences and resolve border issues, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya