Our ties have global impact, China tells India
Beijing: China-India relations have "strategic significance" and "global impact" as both are large developing countries and emerging markets, Chinese Premier Li Keqiang told External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid in Beijing on Friday.
Xinhua news agency said Li highlighted the importance that the new Chinese government has placed on developing ties with India.
He said China would like to enhance political trust, deepen pragmatic cooperation, strengthen people-to-people understanding and expand communication on international and regional issues so as to develop their strategic partnership.
Last week, intense negotiations between India and China saw an end to a 20-day stand-off, with troops of both sides pulling back to their respective positions prior to April 15, when Chinese forces intruded 19 km inside the Indian side of the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh.
"Friendly cooperation is central to China-India relations and common interests outweigh differences," Li told Khurshid.
Li urged the two countries to cherish their ties, be more progressive in expanding cooperation and inject new vitality into the economies of Asia and the world.
He said China would like to negotiate with India to settle border issues and create favourable conditions for bilateral cooperation and development.
On his part, Khurshid said developing relations benefits both sides and promotes regional and global peace and prosperity.
India would like to work with China to send a positive signal of mutual trust and support to the world, as well as effectively control differences and resolve border issues, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video