Ousted Egypt leader`s sons on trial for trading
Cairo: The ousted Egyptian president`s two sons have pleaded not guilty to charges of insider trading at the beginning of their trial in Cairo.
The two Gamal, once seen as heir apparent to his father, Hosni Mubarak, and businessman Alaa were acquitted of corruption charges on June 2.
The case was adjourned to September 8 to allow defense lawyers to read the file.
Prosecutors say the two, along with seven others, made 2 billion Egyptian pounds in illicit gains through actions that violated stock market regulations.
The nine are accused of conspiring to buy 80 percent of Al Watany Bank of Egypt and then selling it, knowing a Kuwaiti bank was about to buy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly