Ousted Egypt leader`s sons on trial for trading
Cairo: The ousted Egyptian president`s two sons have pleaded not guilty to charges of insider trading at the beginning of their trial in Cairo.
The two Gamal, once seen as heir apparent to his father, Hosni Mubarak, and businessman Alaa were acquitted of corruption charges on June 2.
The case was adjourned to September 8 to allow defense lawyers to read the file.
Prosecutors say the two, along with seven others, made 2 billion Egyptian pounds in illicit gains through actions that violated stock market regulations.
The nine are accused of conspiring to buy 80 percent of Al Watany Bank of Egypt and then selling it, knowing a Kuwaiti bank was about to buy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Dadri lynching case: Allahabad High Court stays arrest of Mohd Akhlaq's family
- Australia coach Darren Lehmann backs Steve Smith's Sri Lanka series opt out
- Indonesia steps up fire response as haze blankets Singapore
- SC restrains Tamil Nadu Police from arresting Sasikala Pushpa
- Singapore's Deputy PM calls on Narendra Modi