Outrage over Hitler and Nazi themed wines hitting shelves
New York: An Italian company that is selling a line of wines that has Hitler and Nazi-themed labels and designs is in hot water with a Jewish human rights organisation.
The Simon Wiesenthal Center said that they have rejected the cynical notion by the company’s owner that the wine is being marketed as a ‘joke gift.’
The organisation described the Vini Lunardelli wines featuring the Nazi leader in various poses, as ‘sickening.’
Hitler wine creator Andrea Lunardelli said that the line of wines is all in good historical fun.
Lunardelli said that they began the line for a joke under a request from one of their patrons, and now are selling many bottles.
He said that they have never wanted to do politics or to eulogise Hitler and his men, adding that most of the buyers of the wine are German.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB