Outrage over Hitler and Nazi themed wines hitting shelves
New York: An Italian company that is selling a line of wines that has Hitler and Nazi-themed labels and designs is in hot water with a Jewish human rights organisation.
The Simon Wiesenthal Center said that they have rejected the cynical notion by the company’s owner that the wine is being marketed as a ‘joke gift.’
The organisation described the Vini Lunardelli wines featuring the Nazi leader in various poses, as ‘sickening.’
Hitler wine creator Andrea Lunardelli said that the line of wines is all in good historical fun.
Lunardelli said that they began the line for a joke under a request from one of their patrons, and now are selling many bottles.
He said that they have never wanted to do politics or to eulogise Hitler and his men, adding that most of the buyers of the wine are German.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song