Outspent by Romney, Obama seeks money from supporters
Washington: Outspent by his Republican rival Mitt Romney, US President Barack Obama on Friday asked his supporters to come forward to donate money to his campaign, promising that some of them would get a chance to be with him at the Democratic Party national convention in North Carolina in September.
"I just got back from Iowa, where we are being outspent 2 to 1 on the air. Voters there mentioned it to me more than once. We expect Mitt Romney and the Republicans to outspend us," Obama said in an email to his supporters today, asking them to make donations of USD 3 or more.
"What I will not abide is getting outspent by a margin that negates all the hard work our volunteers are doing -- talking to voters, knocking on doors, making calls. We are in control of that outcome, but our time to close the gap is dwindling. After three consecutive months of being significantly outraised, it couldn`t be more urgent," Obama said.
In the past three months, Romney has raised more money than that of Obama campaign.
"If we win this election, it will be because of what you did. I don`t get to tell you enough how grateful I am," he said.
"In a few weeks, I`ll accept our party`s nomination for president onstage in Charlotte, North Carolina. I wouldn`t be there without you. Any donation you make today automatically enters you and a guest for a chance to join me and Michelle as VIP guests of the convention. Hope to see you there," said the US President who is seeking his reelection in the November presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers