Over 1 lakh guns destroyed all over China
Beijing: Over 100,000 illegal guns, most of them seized during raids, have been destroyed by the Chinese authorities in 150 cities.
About 250 tonnes of illegal explosives will also be disposed off in the next few days, China`s Ministry of Public Security said in a statement today.
A large portion of these guns, destroyed yesterday, were seized by police during raids, and others were submitted by citizens, the statement said.
Half of the guns were confiscated during a national campaign targeting illegal guns and explosives, which started in February and will last until December, it said.
So far, police have busted more than 180 criminal organisations and detained 7,800 suspects involved in the illegal possession of guns and explosives, the statement said.
Since January, the number of criminal cases involving guns has dropped by 9.7 per cent from the same period of last year, and criminal cases involving explosives have fallen by 21.6 per cent, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal