Over 10 militants killed on Georgia-Russia border
Tbilisi: At least 11 militants and three special forces personnel have been killed near the Georgia-Russia border, the Georgian Interior Ministry said.
Interior Ministry units on Wednesday sealed off a gorge near the border with southwestern Russia`s Dagestan region where an armed group was detected on Tuesday.
According to Georgian media reports, around 20 well-armed militants trespassed into the country`s territory from Dagestan, taking about 10 locals hostage, who were later released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug