Over 10 militants killed on Georgia-Russia border
Tbilisi: At least 11 militants and three special forces personnel have been killed near the Georgia-Russia border, the Georgian Interior Ministry said.
Interior Ministry units on Wednesday sealed off a gorge near the border with southwestern Russia`s Dagestan region where an armed group was detected on Tuesday.
According to Georgian media reports, around 20 well-armed militants trespassed into the country`s territory from Dagestan, taking about 10 locals hostage, who were later released.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened