Over 100 immigrants arrested near Mexico border
Tucson: US Border Patrol personnel have arrested 105 immigrants near the Mexico-Arizona border, officials said.
Most of the illegal immigrants were Mexicans and Central Americans, officials of the Border Patrol said on Friday.
They had been arrested on Wednesday after the patrol detected three groups of immigrants, using a mobile camera surveillance system, near the Baboquivari mountains in the border area.
They were taken to Tucson where they were finger-printed before being deported.
Over 119,000 immigrants have been arrested since the beginning of the current fiscal starting October 01, 2009, up from 112,000 during the same period of the previous fiscal, officials said.
Arizona last week became the first US state to criminalise illegal immigration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal