Over 100 immigrants arrested near Mexico border
Tucson: US Border Patrol personnel have arrested 105 immigrants near the Mexico-Arizona border, officials said.
Most of the illegal immigrants were Mexicans and Central Americans, officials of the Border Patrol said on Friday.
They had been arrested on Wednesday after the patrol detected three groups of immigrants, using a mobile camera surveillance system, near the Baboquivari mountains in the border area.
They were taken to Tucson where they were finger-printed before being deported.
Over 119,000 immigrants have been arrested since the beginning of the current fiscal starting October 01, 2009, up from 112,000 during the same period of the previous fiscal, officials said.
Arizona last week became the first US state to criminalise illegal immigration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?