Over 100 immigrants arrested near Mexico border
Tucson: US Border Patrol personnel have arrested 105 immigrants near the Mexico-Arizona border, officials said.
Most of the illegal immigrants were Mexicans and Central Americans, officials of the Border Patrol said on Friday.
They had been arrested on Wednesday after the patrol detected three groups of immigrants, using a mobile camera surveillance system, near the Baboquivari mountains in the border area.
They were taken to Tucson where they were finger-printed before being deported.
Over 119,000 immigrants have been arrested since the beginning of the current fiscal starting October 01, 2009, up from 112,000 during the same period of the previous fiscal, officials said.
Arizona last week became the first US state to criminalise illegal immigration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read