Over 100 lives claimed by Ebola in Guinea
Conakry: Over 100 people, out of 157 people infected, have died in the Ebola outbreak in Guinea, the country`s health authorities said.
"There was a marked reduction in the spread of the disease," said Sakoba Keita, head of the disease prevention unit, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
A total of 20 cases and eight deaths have been reported in the capital city of Conakry.
"I think the combined efforts made by the government and its development partners as well as sensitisation of the population has helped in the fight against the disease," Keita said.
He, however, noted that the World Health Organisation will only declare the end of the epidemic if there is no new case within 42 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP