Over 100 lives claimed by Ebola in Guinea
Conakry: Over 100 people, out of 157 people infected, have died in the Ebola outbreak in Guinea, the country`s health authorities said.
"There was a marked reduction in the spread of the disease," said Sakoba Keita, head of the disease prevention unit, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
A total of 20 cases and eight deaths have been reported in the capital city of Conakry.
"I think the combined efforts made by the government and its development partners as well as sensitisation of the population has helped in the fight against the disease," Keita said.
He, however, noted that the World Health Organisation will only declare the end of the epidemic if there is no new case within 42 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says