Over 100 trapped in a mudslide in China
Beijing: Rain-triggered mudslide engulfed a village trapping over 100 people even as nine people were killed and four others found missing after Typhoon Damrey caused havoc in northeast China`s Liaoning Province.
Over 100 people were trapped in village called Tiejia in southwest China`s Yunnan Province this morning, local authorities said.
Although more than 200 people were initially trapped in the mudslide in the county of Eyuan, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture, more than 80 people had been saved by noon, state- run Xinhua news agency quoted local rescuers as saying.
Meanwhile, nine people were killed and four others found missing after Typhoon Damrey caused heavy damage in China`s Liaoning Province over the weekend.
The typhoon also temporarily disrupted rail services in the province on Saturday, affecting more than two million people.
Nine people were killed and four others were reported missing, a Xinhua report said.
Six people were killed in Xiuyan City, where the typhoon has cut off electricity, paralysed road traffic and damaged drinking water facilities.
More than 110,000 people have been left homeless.
In the city of Benxi, heavy flooding on the Sandaohe and Xihe rivers trapped more than 300 construction workers in a tunnel today.
Fire fighters tried to connect a ropeway in an effort to pull the workers out of the tunnel.
Another report said hundreds of people were stranded by a rain-triggered flood in central China`s Hubei Province.
Heavy rains hit Gucheng county in the city of Xiangyang early Monday morning, flooding the downtown area and surrounding villages, county fire fighters said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border