Over 100,000 citizens fled Syria in August: UN
Geneva/Beirut: While the battle in Syria continues, United Nations on Tuesday said that over 100,000 people fled Syria in the month of August.
The fleeing Syrian citizens took refuge in the neighbouring countries, as per BBC report.
The discussion in this concern took place between the head of Red Cross Peter Maurer and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.
Meanwhile, at least five people were killed and about 30 injured in a car bomb blast in the Jaramana neighbourhood of Damascus, reported Al-Mayadeen TV Monday.
Until recently, Jaramana area was viewed as one of the safest districts in Damascus and a haven for people displaced by the ongoing civil conflict in Syria.
This was the third blast in the predominantly Christian suburb of the Syrian capital since Aug 27 when at least two people were killed. On the following day, a total of 12 people were killed in twin blasts during a funeral procession of first blast`s victims.
Syrian authorities and state media gave no death count, saying only there were women and children among those injured.
State news agency SANA blamed the blast on an "armed terrorist group".
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks