Over 15,000 Chinese officials probed for bribery
Beijing: Authorities have investigated more than 15,000 civil servants involved in 13,000 cases of commercial bribery in the last five years, a media report said Thursday.
The officials faced extra scrutiny in a national crackdown on commercial bribery, China Daily quoted the ministry of supervision as saying.
The more than 81,000 commercial bribery cases investigated between 2007 and 2011 involved a total of 22.2 billion yuan ($3.6 billion).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'