Over 160 civilians killed in Nigeria: Report
Abuja: At least 160 people have so far been killed in recent attacks in central Nigeria by unknown gunmen, a media report said Saturday.
According to officials, the gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen had raided two separate villages in Kaduna state, Xinhua reported.
The attacks carried out simultaneously in two villages lasted three days.
Over 160 residents were killed while over 24,000 people were displaced following the three-day attacks.
Nigeria currently grapples with various security challenges, part of which is the insurgency of Boko Haram, a group which seeks to enshrine the Islamic sharia law in the constitution of the West African country.
In April, the militant group abducted more than 200 schoolgirls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video