Over 160 civilians killed in Nigeria: Report
Abuja: At least 160 people have so far been killed in recent attacks in central Nigeria by unknown gunmen, a media report said Saturday.
According to officials, the gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen had raided two separate villages in Kaduna state, Xinhua reported.
The attacks carried out simultaneously in two villages lasted three days.
Over 160 residents were killed while over 24,000 people were displaced following the three-day attacks.
Nigeria currently grapples with various security challenges, part of which is the insurgency of Boko Haram, a group which seeks to enshrine the Islamic sharia law in the constitution of the West African country.
In April, the militant group abducted more than 200 schoolgirls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’