Over 20 pc US military women subjected to unwanted sexual contact: Report
Washington: A US Defense Department survey has found that the number of women in the military reporting unwanted sexual contact has increased in the past three years.
The new report shows that more than 20 percent of women in the US military have experienced unwanted sexual contact, reports New York Daily News.
Sen Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) said the findings of the survey, which is done every three years, is "deeply troubling". She blasted the "scourge of sexual violence in the military" as "intolerable and infuriating". Gillibrand said having more than 1 in 5 women report unwanted sexual contact is "simply unacceptable".
The survey also found an increase in the number of male sexual assault victims , from 2.2 percent in 2008 to 3.3 percent in the new report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you