Over 2,000 aftershocks rattle China
Beijing: A total of 2,044 aftershocks have been monitored in China`s quake-hit Lushan county till Monday, authorities said.
Four of the aftershocks were measured 5.0-5.9 magnitude, reported Xinhua citing the China Earthquake Administration.
A 7.0-magnitude earthquake hit Lushan county, southwest China`s Sichuan province, at 8.02 a.m. Saturday, leaving at least 186 people dead and 11,393 injured, according to latest statistics from the provincial emergency response command center.
Lushan is about 200 km from the epicenter of the massive Wenchuan earthquake five years ago that left 87,000 dead or missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets