Over 2,000 aftershocks rattle China
Beijing: A total of 2,044 aftershocks have been monitored in China`s quake-hit Lushan county till Monday, authorities said.
Four of the aftershocks were measured 5.0-5.9 magnitude, reported Xinhua citing the China Earthquake Administration.
A 7.0-magnitude earthquake hit Lushan county, southwest China`s Sichuan province, at 8.02 a.m. Saturday, leaving at least 186 people dead and 11,393 injured, according to latest statistics from the provincial emergency response command center.
Lushan is about 200 km from the epicenter of the massive Wenchuan earthquake five years ago that left 87,000 dead or missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning