`Over 4.2 mn officials in China punished`
Beijing: More than 4.2 million government and the ruling Communist Party of China officials were punished for indiscipline in the last 30 years, a Chinese anti-corruption official said.
Cui Hairong, deputy director of the National Bureau of Corruption Prevention (NBCP) told the fifth international meeting of the Hong Kong Independent Commission Against Corruption that 465 of the guilty officials were at the ministerial or provincial level, and more than 90 of them were convicted of corruption over the last three decades.
High-level officials, including Cheng Kejie, former vice chairman of the National People`s Congress Standing Committee; Hu Changqing, former vice governor of east China`s Jiangxi province; Wang Huaizhong, former vice governor of eastern Anhui province; and Zheng Xiaoyu, former head of China`s food and drug regulating agency, were sentenced to death, Cui said.
More than 42,000 officials were transferred to judicial organs on charges of corruption between 2003 and 2011, he said.
Cui said more efforts have been made to prevent corruption, including the 2007 establishment of the NBCP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?