Over 50 injured in Romania tram smash
Bucharest: Officials say 52 people were injured when a tram smashed into two stationary carriages in the Romanian capital during rush hour.
Bogdan Oprita, a spokesman for the emergency services, said all the injured, eight of whom were being treated for head injuries and other trauma, were in a stable condition in three hospitals in Bucharest.
Public transport spokeswoman Brandusa Raeceanu said the collision occurred early Thursday in an underground passage in a residential area when a tram failed to stop, and smashed into the stationary vehicles.
Shabby white trams that run on electricity are an integral part of Bucharest`s public transportation network.
Many people, however, consider them inefficient because they are often blocked by drivers who regularly drive or park on the tramlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city