Over 530,000 Syrian refugees in Lebanon
Beirut: The UN Higher Council for Refugees said on Sunday that the number of Syrians who have fled their war-torn country to Lebanon has exceeded 530,000.
In its latest report on Syrian refugees, the UN agency said more than 455,000 have registered with UN offices in Lebanon while over 75,000 were waiting for their registration process to get over, reported Xinhua.
Lebanon has urged the international community to help bear its burden of hosting the Syrian refugees, who are expected to exceed one million by the end of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?