Over 530,000 Syrian refugees in Lebanon
Beirut: The UN Higher Council for Refugees said on Sunday that the number of Syrians who have fled their war-torn country to Lebanon has exceeded 530,000.
In its latest report on Syrian refugees, the UN agency said more than 455,000 have registered with UN offices in Lebanon while over 75,000 were waiting for their registration process to get over, reported Xinhua.
Lebanon has urged the international community to help bear its burden of hosting the Syrian refugees, who are expected to exceed one million by the end of the year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview