Over 591,000 Syrian refugees now in Jordan
Amman: Jordan Tuesday said the overall number of Syrian refugees in the country reached 591,176 since the start of the unrest in Syria three years ago.
The government said a total of 136,952 refugees live inside refugee camps, while the rest are spread around Jordanian cities and towns, Xinhua reported citing state-run Petra news agency.
On Monday, a total of 516 Syrians fled into Jordan to escape the increasing violence in their country.
The Jordanian government said it would continue to provide services for Syrian refugees in the country, while urging international agencies to increase aid to help Jordan deal with the growing influx.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt