Over 60 found shot execution style in Syria’s Aleppo
Aleppo: The bodies of at least 68 young men and boys, all executed with a single gunshot to the head or neck, were found in a river in the Syrian city of Aleppo.
Abu Sada, a Free Syrian Army captain at the scene said many more bodies were still being dragged from the water, in a rebel-held area, reports Gulf News.
The bodies were found in the Qeweiqq River, which separates the Bustan Al Qasr district from Ansari in the southwest of the city, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The identities of the dead are unknown. Sada said the bodies would be taken to the hospital at Zarzur where relatives could seek to identify them, and those who are not identified will be buried in a common grave.
Sada said this is not the first time that they have found the bodies of people executed, but this is the first time so many bodies have been found. According to Sada, the Shabiha pro-government militias seize people crossing the checkpoint and torture and execute many of them. Most of the dead were young men, some teens, wearing jeans, button-up shirts and sneakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal