Over 60 found shot execution style in Syria’s Aleppo
Aleppo: The bodies of at least 68 young men and boys, all executed with a single gunshot to the head or neck, were found in a river in the Syrian city of Aleppo.
Abu Sada, a Free Syrian Army captain at the scene said many more bodies were still being dragged from the water, in a rebel-held area, reports Gulf News.
The bodies were found in the Qeweiqq River, which separates the Bustan Al Qasr district from Ansari in the southwest of the city, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The identities of the dead are unknown. Sada said the bodies would be taken to the hospital at Zarzur where relatives could seek to identify them, and those who are not identified will be buried in a common grave.
Sada said this is not the first time that they have found the bodies of people executed, but this is the first time so many bodies have been found. According to Sada, the Shabiha pro-government militias seize people crossing the checkpoint and torture and execute many of them. Most of the dead were young men, some teens, wearing jeans, button-up shirts and sneakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state