Over 660,000 Chinese officials punished
Beijing: The anti-corruption bodies of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) have punished more than 660,000 officials, found guilty of disciplinary violations in the last five years, senior leader He Guoqiang announced Monday.
Over 24,000 of these officials were transferred to judicial organs for suspected crimes, Xinhua quoted He, head of the CPC`s disciplinary action commission, as saying.
Procuratorial and discipline inspection organs across the country probed more than 640,000 corruption cases from November 2007 to this June, and over 630,000 of the cases have been resolved, said He.
A series of major cases included those of former Chongqing Party chief Bo Xilai, former railways minister Liu Zhijun and former Shenzhen mayor Xu Zongheng.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- Gold, silver hit a soft patch as global cues turn weak
- Nokia all set to make comeback with 2 new Android 7.0 Nougat devices
- Smart dressing tips for children during monsoon
- Sensex ends the week with marginal losses; Nifty finishes flat
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore