Over 660,000 Chinese officials punished
Beijing: The anti-corruption bodies of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) have punished more than 660,000 officials, found guilty of disciplinary violations in the last five years, senior leader He Guoqiang announced Monday.
Over 24,000 of these officials were transferred to judicial organs for suspected crimes, Xinhua quoted He, head of the CPC`s disciplinary action commission, as saying.
Procuratorial and discipline inspection organs across the country probed more than 640,000 corruption cases from November 2007 to this June, and over 630,000 of the cases have been resolved, said He.
A series of major cases included those of former Chongqing Party chief Bo Xilai, former railways minister Liu Zhijun and former Shenzhen mayor Xu Zongheng.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India