Over 700 officials in Shanghai punished for graft, indiscipline
Beijing: Over 700 Chinese officials were punished last year for indiscipline in administrative work or party work of the Communist Party of China (CPC) in Sanghai region, a report said.
Among the officials, 73 have been transferred to judicial authorities on suspicions of legal violations, state run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
Han Zheng, the secretary of the Shanghai Municipal Committee of the CPC, said the people are most concerned about the issue of corruption, which is also most harmful to the CPC and substantial measures would be taken in the fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda