Over 700 officials in Shanghai punished for graft, indiscipline
Beijing: Over 700 Chinese officials were punished last year for indiscipline in administrative work or party work of the Communist Party of China (CPC) in Sanghai region, a report said.
Among the officials, 73 have been transferred to judicial authorities on suspicions of legal violations, state run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
Han Zheng, the secretary of the Shanghai Municipal Committee of the CPC, said the people are most concerned about the issue of corruption, which is also most harmful to the CPC and substantial measures would be taken in the fight against corruption.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- View from space: Bahamas reef looks like a watercolor painting!
- Madame Tussauds to unveil PM Narendra Modi's wax statue in London today
- WATCH: Hilarious! Chris Gayle performs on 'Champion' song; asks fans to contact him for bookings
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!