Over 700 officials in Shanghai punished for graft, indiscipline
Beijing: Over 700 Chinese officials were punished last year for indiscipline in administrative work or party work of the Communist Party of China (CPC) in Sanghai region, a report said.
Among the officials, 73 have been transferred to judicial authorities on suspicions of legal violations, state run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
Han Zheng, the secretary of the Shanghai Municipal Committee of the CPC, said the people are most concerned about the issue of corruption, which is also most harmful to the CPC and substantial measures would be taken in the fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?