Over 700 officials in Shanghai punished for graft, indiscipline
Beijing: Over 700 Chinese officials were punished last year for indiscipline in administrative work or party work of the Communist Party of China (CPC) in Sanghai region, a report said.
Among the officials, 73 have been transferred to judicial authorities on suspicions of legal violations, state run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
Han Zheng, the secretary of the Shanghai Municipal Committee of the CPC, said the people are most concerned about the issue of corruption, which is also most harmful to the CPC and substantial measures would be taken in the fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured