Over 700 officials in Shanghai punished for graft, indiscipline
Beijing: Over 700 Chinese officials were punished last year for indiscipline in administrative work or party work of the Communist Party of China (CPC) in Sanghai region, a report said.
Among the officials, 73 have been transferred to judicial authorities on suspicions of legal violations, state run Xinhua quoted local officials as saying.
Han Zheng, the secretary of the Shanghai Municipal Committee of the CPC, said the people are most concerned about the issue of corruption, which is also most harmful to the CPC and substantial measures would be taken in the fight against corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Big boost for PM Modi! US voices concerns over human rights situation in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down