Over 8,000 violent acts in Netherlands on New Year`s Eve
The Hague: A total of 8,094 acts of assault, vandalism, arson and violence were reported in the Netherlands on New Year`s Eve, according to the Ministry of Security and Justice.
Although the number of incidents was lower than that reported last year, Security and Justice Minister Ivo Opstelten termed the incidents "unacceptable", Xinhua said.
Last year, 8,457 incidents were reported nationwide.
Around 1,000 people were arrested across the country.
The number of incidents against aid workers -- police, fire brigade and ambulance personnel -- declined from 110 last year to 74 this year.
"The number of incidents like assault, vandalism, arson and violence against aid workers is still unacceptably high," Opstelten said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack