Over 8,000 violent acts in Netherlands on New Year`s Eve
The Hague: A total of 8,094 acts of assault, vandalism, arson and violence were reported in the Netherlands on New Year`s Eve, according to the Ministry of Security and Justice.
Although the number of incidents was lower than that reported last year, Security and Justice Minister Ivo Opstelten termed the incidents "unacceptable", Xinhua said.
Last year, 8,457 incidents were reported nationwide.
Around 1,000 people were arrested across the country.
The number of incidents against aid workers -- police, fire brigade and ambulance personnel -- declined from 110 last year to 74 this year.
"The number of incidents like assault, vandalism, arson and violence against aid workers is still unacceptably high," Opstelten said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday