Over 8,000 violent acts in Netherlands on New Year`s Eve
The Hague: A total of 8,094 acts of assault, vandalism, arson and violence were reported in the Netherlands on New Year`s Eve, according to the Ministry of Security and Justice.
Although the number of incidents was lower than that reported last year, Security and Justice Minister Ivo Opstelten termed the incidents "unacceptable", Xinhua said.
Last year, 8,457 incidents were reported nationwide.
Around 1,000 people were arrested across the country.
The number of incidents against aid workers -- police, fire brigade and ambulance personnel -- declined from 110 last year to 74 this year.
"The number of incidents like assault, vandalism, arson and violence against aid workers is still unacceptably high," Opstelten said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India