Over 8,000 violent acts in Netherlands on New Year`s Eve
The Hague: A total of 8,094 acts of assault, vandalism, arson and violence were reported in the Netherlands on New Year`s Eve, according to the Ministry of Security and Justice.
Although the number of incidents was lower than that reported last year, Security and Justice Minister Ivo Opstelten termed the incidents "unacceptable", Xinhua said.
Last year, 8,457 incidents were reported nationwide.
Around 1,000 people were arrested across the country.
The number of incidents against aid workers -- police, fire brigade and ambulance personnel -- declined from 110 last year to 74 this year.
"The number of incidents like assault, vandalism, arson and violence against aid workers is still unacceptably high," Opstelten said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case