Over 850,000 evacuated due to China storms
Beijing: Around 867,000 people have been evacuated from the eastern coast of China after gales lashed the region following the arrival of two tropical storms, the government said.
The ministry of civil affairs said tropical storm Saola, which weakened from a typhoon, made landfall in Fuding city in east China`s Fujian province Friday, packing winds of 90 km per hour, Xinhua reported.
Till Friday evening, 214,000 residents in Fujian were relocated.
In the neighbouring province of Zhejiang, about 716,000 people were affected by Saola, among whom 349,000 were evacuated, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi