Over 850,000 evacuated due to China storms
Beijing: Around 867,000 people have been evacuated from the eastern coast of China after gales lashed the region following the arrival of two tropical storms, the government said.
The ministry of civil affairs said tropical storm Saola, which weakened from a typhoon, made landfall in Fuding city in east China`s Fujian province Friday, packing winds of 90 km per hour, Xinhua reported.
Till Friday evening, 214,000 residents in Fujian were relocated.
In the neighbouring province of Zhejiang, about 716,000 people were affected by Saola, among whom 349,000 were evacuated, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi