Over 850,000 evacuated due to China storms
Beijing: Around 867,000 people have been evacuated from the eastern coast of China after gales lashed the region following the arrival of two tropical storms, the government said.
The ministry of civil affairs said tropical storm Saola, which weakened from a typhoon, made landfall in Fuding city in east China`s Fujian province Friday, packing winds of 90 km per hour, Xinhua reported.
Till Friday evening, 214,000 residents in Fujian were relocated.
In the neighbouring province of Zhejiang, about 716,000 people were affected by Saola, among whom 349,000 were evacuated, the ministry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix
- Study Constitution well, understand democratic process: President to law students
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg cruises to victory at Spa, Lewis Hamilton third
- 60 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan battle
- Myanmar President visits Taj Mahal