`Over five in 10 Americans disapprove health care reforms`
Washington: Just a week after the health care reform bill signed into law, 53 percent Americans disapprove of President Barack Obama’s central domestic policy, according to a new poll.
The CBS News poll found that most Americans (53 percent) are sceptical about the legislation, including 39 percent who say they disapprove strongly, as many expect their costs to rise and the quality of their care to worsen.
Even as Obama continues to tour the country to stump for his new set of reforms, the poll shows that so far the his efforts to build up support for the bill appear to be ineffective.
In the days before the bill passed the House, 37 percent said they approved and 48 percent disapproved.
Now, less than one in five Americans thinks the new health care reforms will help them personally and 36 percent think the new reforms will hurt them.
The poll found that there are also some doubts about the specific ways in which Americans expect the reforms will affect them.
Just over half think the new health care reforms will increase their health care costs, and 39 percent think the quality of their health care will get worse.
Six in 10 Americans think that the new health care reforms will increase the budget deficit, a 13 percent of them believe the reforms will decrease the deficit, while another 15 percent expect no effect.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi