Overflights banned at Chelsea Clinton wedding
New York: Federal authorities have
ordered the closure of airspace over the small New York town
hosting Chelsea Clinton`s wedding this weekend.
The Federal Aviation Authority yesterday said the ban
would apply to aircraft flying under 610 metres over the
Astor Courts estate just outside Rhinebeck.
The ban, termed "temporary flight restrictions for VIP
(Very Important Person) Movement," runs from 3:00 pm local
time on Saturday, the day of the wedding, to 3:30 am Sunday.
The move is aimed at paparazzi photographers who
routinely attempt to sneak exclusive pictures from the air of
events being kept under heavy security.
Chelsea Clinton, 30, is to marry investment banker
Marc Mezvinksy, 32, at a celebration attended by numerous
celebrities and her parents, former president Bill Clinton and
current Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars