close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Overheating leads to UN Security Council evacuation

UN deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey said that plastic melted around a hot light, triggering the smoke alarm.



New York: The UN Security Council was evacuated from its temporary chamber during a closed meeting on Sudan sanctions on Wednesday after a fire alarm went off.
UN deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey said that plastic melted around a hot light, triggering the smoke alarm.
Security evacuated the council and other staff from the basement level where the council has its temporary chamber and the parking lot below. They were allowed to return about an hour later.

Bureau Report

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video


WION FEATURES

Video: Suspected Kashmiri militants play cricket with AK47 as wicket

Nice, France: A year later, through the eyes of a Muslim

Top 5 inventions from Israel (Tech check)

Judaism, India's oldest foreign religion

Vegetarian beef farmer puts cows to pasture

Disabled dogs in Taiwan get hot new wheels