Overheating leads to UN Security Council evacuation
New York: The UN Security Council was evacuated from its temporary chamber during a closed meeting on Sudan sanctions on Wednesday after a fire alarm went off.
UN deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey said that plastic melted around a hot light, triggering the smoke alarm.
Security evacuated the council and other staff from the basement level where the council has its temporary chamber and the parking lot below. They were allowed to return about an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!