Overheating leads to UN Security Council evacuation
New York: The UN Security Council was evacuated from its temporary chamber during a closed meeting on Sudan sanctions on Wednesday after a fire alarm went off.
UN deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey said that plastic melted around a hot light, triggering the smoke alarm.
Security evacuated the council and other staff from the basement level where the council has its temporary chamber and the parking lot below. They were allowed to return about an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical