Overheating leads to UN Security Council evacuation
New York: The UN Security Council was evacuated from its temporary chamber during a closed meeting on Sudan sanctions on Wednesday after a fire alarm went off.
UN deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey said that plastic melted around a hot light, triggering the smoke alarm.
Security evacuated the council and other staff from the basement level where the council has its temporary chamber and the parking lot below. They were allowed to return about an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption