Overheating leads to UN Security Council evacuation
New York: The UN Security Council was evacuated from its temporary chamber during a closed meeting on Sudan sanctions on Wednesday after a fire alarm went off.
UN deputy spokesman Eduardo del Buey said that plastic melted around a hot light, triggering the smoke alarm.
Security evacuated the council and other staff from the basement level where the council has its temporary chamber and the parking lot below. They were allowed to return about an hour later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015