Oz cops look for `Indian looking` men in molestation case
Melbourne: A 29-year-old woman was molested and bashed up here allegedly by a man, police describe as having "Indian or subcontinental" appearance, whom she befriended at a hotel and had a drink with.
According to police, the woman met two men of "Indian or sub-continental appearance" at a West Melbourne hotel last week, and had a drink with them. She later accompanied them to a house where one of them allegedly assaulted her, the Herald Sun reported.
Police said she was hit several times on the head after she resisted his advances.
The woman was however rescued by another man in the house and later informed the police about the incident.
The incident occurred on August 21 and police have released images of two men they believe can help with the investigation, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional