Oz cops look for `Indian looking` men in molestation case
Melbourne: A 29-year-old woman was molested and bashed up here allegedly by a man, police describe as having "Indian or subcontinental" appearance, whom she befriended at a hotel and had a drink with.
According to police, the woman met two men of "Indian or sub-continental appearance" at a West Melbourne hotel last week, and had a drink with them. She later accompanied them to a house where one of them allegedly assaulted her, the Herald Sun reported.
Police said she was hit several times on the head after she resisted his advances.
The woman was however rescued by another man in the house and later informed the police about the incident.
The incident occurred on August 21 and police have released images of two men they believe can help with the investigation, the paper said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why