Oz couple faces court for baby girl`s circumcision
Sydney: An Australian couple has appeared in court for allegedly organising an illegal circumcision of their one-year-old baby girl in Indonesian province of Bali.
The 44-year-old man and his wife, 42, of Perth, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared in a Joondalup court Wednesday charged with female genital mutilation offences, Australia Associated Press (AAP) reported.
Female circumcision is performed in some cultures and religions, but is illegal in Australia. It is also illegal to perform, arrange or take a child out of the state for such a procedure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mobile, internet services restored in Jammu, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley
- GST expectations buoy equity markets; Sensex trading at 28,121
- Four Pakistan-backed terrorists killed, 1 apprehended in J&K's Naugam, encounter on
- National Museum gets new chief and he has an Ayodhya connection
- Solar Impulse 2 completes historic round-the-world trip: Incredible welcome for pilots in Abu Dhabi (Watch)