Oz man fined for mooning Queen Elizabeth
Brisbane: A Sydney man has been fined 750
Australian dollars (USD 800) for mooning Queen Elizabeth II
and her husband, Prince Philip, during a royal visit to
Barman Liam Lloyd Warriner was sentenced today in a
Brisbane court on a charge of creating a public nuisance for
baring his buttocks to the 85-year-old British monarch and her
90-year-old husband in October. Prosecutors had asked for a
1,000 Aus dollar fine.
Warriner admitted holding an Australian flag clenched
between his bare buttocks and running as the royal couple`s
motorcade drove past well-wishers. It is not clear whether the
royal couple saw Warriner.
Warriner said outside court today that he`d do the same
thing to "any self-important, self-propagating elitist."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef