Oz man fined for mooning Queen Elizabeth
Brisbane: A Sydney man has been fined 750
Australian dollars (USD 800) for mooning Queen Elizabeth II
and her husband, Prince Philip, during a royal visit to
Barman Liam Lloyd Warriner was sentenced today in a
Brisbane court on a charge of creating a public nuisance for
baring his buttocks to the 85-year-old British monarch and her
90-year-old husband in October. Prosecutors had asked for a
1,000 Aus dollar fine.
Warriner admitted holding an Australian flag clenched
between his bare buttocks and running as the royal couple`s
motorcade drove past well-wishers. It is not clear whether the
royal couple saw Warriner.
Warriner said outside court today that he`d do the same
thing to "any self-important, self-propagating elitist."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan