Oz man fined for mooning Queen Elizabeth
Brisbane: A Sydney man has been fined 750
Australian dollars (USD 800) for mooning Queen Elizabeth II
and her husband, Prince Philip, during a royal visit to
Barman Liam Lloyd Warriner was sentenced today in a
Brisbane court on a charge of creating a public nuisance for
baring his buttocks to the 85-year-old British monarch and her
90-year-old husband in October. Prosecutors had asked for a
1,000 Aus dollar fine.
Warriner admitted holding an Australian flag clenched
between his bare buttocks and running as the royal couple`s
motorcade drove past well-wishers. It is not clear whether the
royal couple saw Warriner.
Warriner said outside court today that he`d do the same
thing to "any self-important, self-propagating elitist."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan