Oz man fined for mooning Queen Elizabeth
Brisbane: A Sydney man has been fined 750
Australian dollars (USD 800) for mooning Queen Elizabeth II
and her husband, Prince Philip, during a royal visit to
Barman Liam Lloyd Warriner was sentenced today in a
Brisbane court on a charge of creating a public nuisance for
baring his buttocks to the 85-year-old British monarch and her
90-year-old husband in October. Prosecutors had asked for a
1,000 Aus dollar fine.
Warriner admitted holding an Australian flag clenched
between his bare buttocks and running as the royal couple`s
motorcade drove past well-wishers. It is not clear whether the
royal couple saw Warriner.
Warriner said outside court today that he`d do the same
thing to "any self-important, self-propagating elitist."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?