Oz PM reshuffles cabinet after leadership battle
Canberra: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who won a leadership battle this week, unveiled changes to her cabinet on Friday, appointing former state leader Bob Carr to be the new foreign minister while leaving key economic portfolios unchanged.
Gillard stamped her authority over the government on Monday when she easily defeated former premier Kevin Rudd in a leadership vote.
Gillard dumped Emergency Management Minister Robert McClelland from her ministry. McClelland was a strong backer of Rudd, who sparked the leadership crisis when he quit as foreign minister last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India