Oz PM reshuffles cabinet after leadership battle
Canberra: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who won a leadership battle this week, unveiled changes to her cabinet on Friday, appointing former state leader Bob Carr to be the new foreign minister while leaving key economic portfolios unchanged.
Gillard stamped her authority over the government on Monday when she easily defeated former premier Kevin Rudd in a leadership vote.
Gillard dumped Emergency Management Minister Robert McClelland from her ministry. McClelland was a strong backer of Rudd, who sparked the leadership crisis when he quit as foreign minister last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive