Oz PM reshuffles cabinet after leadership battle
Canberra: Australian Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who won a leadership battle this week, unveiled changes to her cabinet on Friday, appointing former state leader Bob Carr to be the new foreign minister while leaving key economic portfolios unchanged.
Gillard stamped her authority over the government on Monday when she easily defeated former premier Kevin Rudd in a leadership vote.
Gillard dumped Emergency Management Minister Robert McClelland from her ministry. McClelland was a strong backer of Rudd, who sparked the leadership crisis when he quit as foreign minister last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3