Oz police find 240 kg cocaine in paving stones
Sydney: Australian police have seized 240
kilogrammes of cocaine worth USD 73 million which was stashed
among paving stones in shipping containers.
Four men including an American, a Mexican and two
Australians were arrested over the haul, Australia`s fifth
biggest cocaine seizure, which was discovered in two shipping
containers sent to Melbourne from Mexico.
"Police have effectively disrupted what is a large
organised crime syndicate and prevented 84 million dollars
worth of cocaine reaching our streets," said Detective Chief
Superintendent Ken McKay.
Police discovered the drugs, hidden in hollowed-out
paving stones, during a search when the shipment arrived this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands