Oz police find 240 kg cocaine in paving stones
Sydney: Australian police have seized 240
kilogrammes of cocaine worth USD 73 million which was stashed
among paving stones in shipping containers.
Four men including an American, a Mexican and two
Australians were arrested over the haul, Australia`s fifth
biggest cocaine seizure, which was discovered in two shipping
containers sent to Melbourne from Mexico.
"Police have effectively disrupted what is a large
organised crime syndicate and prevented 84 million dollars
worth of cocaine reaching our streets," said Detective Chief
Superintendent Ken McKay.
Police discovered the drugs, hidden in hollowed-out
paving stones, during a search when the shipment arrived this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city