Oz police find 240 kg cocaine in paving stones
Sydney: Australian police have seized 240
kilogrammes of cocaine worth USD 73 million which was stashed
among paving stones in shipping containers.
Four men including an American, a Mexican and two
Australians were arrested over the haul, Australia`s fifth
biggest cocaine seizure, which was discovered in two shipping
containers sent to Melbourne from Mexico.
"Police have effectively disrupted what is a large
organised crime syndicate and prevented 84 million dollars
worth of cocaine reaching our streets," said Detective Chief
Superintendent Ken McKay.
Police discovered the drugs, hidden in hollowed-out
paving stones, during a search when the shipment arrived this
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sensitive issues could damage ties with US military: China
- Graft case: Court seeks CBI's reply on accused' bail plea
- German minister rejects blanket suspicion of refugees after attacks
- Don't derail ties with India with controversial statements on Kashmir, Pak daily urges Islamabad
- Congress member wants PM's response to Hafiz's war rants, chinese interference