Paedophile blaming girl of seduction finally jailed
London: A Briton who blamed a seven-year-old girl for seducing him has finally been locked up, weeks after a judge let him walk free.
John Thompson had escaped a prison sentence in July despite pleading guilty to sexually assaulting his victim, Daily Mail reported. He accused the schoolgirl of pinning him down on a bed after flirting with him.
Thompson narrowly avoided jail and was instead ordered to undergo a sex offender treatment programme.
The lenient sentence sparked fury among child protection charities who branded it "despicable".
Despite his let-off, Thompson was back in the dock last month after he failed to comply with the same order. He was yet again given a second chance to change his "appalling attitude". Now, having again failed to attend the sex offender treatment programme, he has been sent to prison.
Thompson remained adamant that the girl was a liar, demanded that she be punished and threatened to sue her for making the allegations, the hearing was told.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what