Paedophiles blackmailing kids into sex acts online
London: Paedophiles are blackmailing British children into performing sex acts online, threatening them to send their obscene images to their family and friends.
Investigators from the Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) centre said children as young as eight have been targeted into performing sex acts.
CEOP added that children are being driven to self-harm and commit suicide by constant abuses by paedophiles, Sky News reports.
The organization added that in the past two years, 424 children worldwide have been blackmailed in this way, of which 184 were from the UK.
It added that internationally, seven victims committed suicide and another seven seriously self-harmed, of whom six were from the UK.
Paedophiles create fake online profiles and pose as children, even geographically researching the areas where they wish to target victims.
They then persuade them to share their sexual images or perform sex acts on camera, the report said.
They then threaten to share the pictures or footage with the victim`s family or friends, and force them to perform more extreme sex acts on camera, and even harm themselves, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?
- NIA officer Tanzil Ahmed murder case: Prime accused Muneer nabbed by UP STF
- 7th Pay Commission: Implementation soon! Cabinet to decide on final report tomorrow