Pair jailed in UK for life for witchcraft killing
London: A British judge has sentenced a man
and woman to life in prison for torturing and murdering a
15-year-old boy whom they accused of witchcraft.
Judge David Paget ordered 28-year-old Magalie Bamu to
serve at least 25 years and her 29-year-old partner Eric
Bikubi a minimum of 30 years before they can be considered for
The couple, originally from Congo, were convicted last
week of killing Magalie`s brother Kristy Bamu during an
exorcism ceremony at their London apartment in December 2010.
Prosecutors at London`s Central Criminal Court said the
teenager had 130 injuries inflicted by sticks, a metal bar, a
hammer and a chisel. They said he eventually drowned after
being forced into a bathtub and doused with cold water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened