Pair jailed in UK for life for witchcraft killing
London: A British judge has sentenced a man
and woman to life in prison for torturing and murdering a
15-year-old boy whom they accused of witchcraft.
Judge David Paget ordered 28-year-old Magalie Bamu to
serve at least 25 years and her 29-year-old partner Eric
Bikubi a minimum of 30 years before they can be considered for
The couple, originally from Congo, were convicted last
week of killing Magalie`s brother Kristy Bamu during an
exorcism ceremony at their London apartment in December 2010.
Prosecutors at London`s Central Criminal Court said the
teenager had 130 injuries inflicted by sticks, a metal bar, a
hammer and a chisel. They said he eventually drowned after
being forced into a bathtub and doused with cold water.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living