Pair jailed in UK for life for witchcraft killing
London: A British judge has sentenced a man
and woman to life in prison for torturing and murdering a
15-year-old boy whom they accused of witchcraft.
Judge David Paget ordered 28-year-old Magalie Bamu to
serve at least 25 years and her 29-year-old partner Eric
Bikubi a minimum of 30 years before they can be considered for
The couple, originally from Congo, were convicted last
week of killing Magalie`s brother Kristy Bamu during an
exorcism ceremony at their London apartment in December 2010.
Prosecutors at London`s Central Criminal Court said the
teenager had 130 injuries inflicted by sticks, a metal bar, a
hammer and a chisel. They said he eventually drowned after
being forced into a bathtub and doused with cold water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH