Pair jailed in UK for life for witchcraft killing
London: A British judge has sentenced a man
and woman to life in prison for torturing and murdering a
15-year-old boy whom they accused of witchcraft.
Judge David Paget ordered 28-year-old Magalie Bamu to
serve at least 25 years and her 29-year-old partner Eric
Bikubi a minimum of 30 years before they can be considered for
The couple, originally from Congo, were convicted last
week of killing Magalie`s brother Kristy Bamu during an
exorcism ceremony at their London apartment in December 2010.
Prosecutors at London`s Central Criminal Court said the
teenager had 130 injuries inflicted by sticks, a metal bar, a
hammer and a chisel. They said he eventually drowned after
being forced into a bathtub and doused with cold water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed