Pair jailed in UK for life for witchcraft killing
London: A British judge has sentenced a man
and woman to life in prison for torturing and murdering a
15-year-old boy whom they accused of witchcraft.
Judge David Paget ordered 28-year-old Magalie Bamu to
serve at least 25 years and her 29-year-old partner Eric
Bikubi a minimum of 30 years before they can be considered for
The couple, originally from Congo, were convicted last
week of killing Magalie`s brother Kristy Bamu during an
exorcism ceremony at their London apartment in December 2010.
Prosecutors at London`s Central Criminal Court said the
teenager had 130 injuries inflicted by sticks, a metal bar, a
hammer and a chisel. They said he eventually drowned after
being forced into a bathtub and doused with cold water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country