Pair jailed in UK for life for witchcraft killing
London: A British judge has sentenced a man
and woman to life in prison for torturing and murdering a
15-year-old boy whom they accused of witchcraft.
Judge David Paget ordered 28-year-old Magalie Bamu to
serve at least 25 years and her 29-year-old partner Eric
Bikubi a minimum of 30 years before they can be considered for
The couple, originally from Congo, were convicted last
week of killing Magalie`s brother Kristy Bamu during an
exorcism ceremony at their London apartment in December 2010.
Prosecutors at London`s Central Criminal Court said the
teenager had 130 injuries inflicted by sticks, a metal bar, a
hammer and a chisel. They said he eventually drowned after
being forced into a bathtub and doused with cold water.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zimbabwe vs New Zealand: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Pune under-construction building collapse: 9 killed, rescue operation underway
- G2A Direct gaming platform launched in India
- Sanjay Dutt to star in Mahesh Manjrekar's next
- Leave PoK to Pakistan and J&K to India: Husain Haqqani on how to ensure peace